Ward 19 Transportation Network
After 12 years studying transportation in the ward I have devised a network solution to move all modes of transportation more safely and efficiently through the ward. The report includes diagrams of road reconfigurations and traffic light phases, I've included every detail necessary to create the network.
The full report can be viewed here.
Highlights of the report are:
- moving vehicular traffic by unifying rush hour parking restrictions on Coxwell Ave and Kingston Rd and reconfiguring some of the intersections
- completing the Woodbine Bike Lanes to their logical conclusion at Lakeshore and Coxwell
Other ideas for improving transportation include:
- improving pedestrian safety by marking all crosswalks and redesigning intersections
- completing more of the cycling network by adding a bike route over the O'Connor bridge and across St. Clair
- supplying more transit to Victoria Park and Queen by having a rush hour only bus that goes between Queen St and Victoria Park Station
- west of Woodbine running the 501 like a subway, only stopping at streets that are subway stops, and have buses run the local stops
We need far better public transportation in this city. The debate of the future of transportation is not gas vs electric, it's personal vehicles vs mass transportation.